We are an open and affirming parish. We affirm the dignity of every human being. We try to follow Jesus’ command to love God and love one another. We have exceptional music each Sunday and we have a legacy of exquisite art glass windows to form a beautiful space for worship. Most of all, our worship includes our service to our community and the world. At Christ Church, we are engaged in many energetic ministries. We welcome those seeking spiritual growth, joyful worship, purposeful service and the warm community of Sag Harbor.
We love serving the Sag Harbor community year round. We host a calendar of community events in and outside of the church, such as outdoor movies and art shows. We are dedicated to an Interfaith collegial ministry and have exceptional relationships with our neighboring temple, Temple Adas Israel and the Christian churches in our area.
Our mission is " To know Christ and to make Christ known."
Rector - The Rev. Karen Ann Campbell
Organist & Choir Director - Dr. Daniel Koontz
Church Administrator & Vestry Secretary - Gayle Heine
Wardens & Vestry
Sr Warden - Terry Fraser
Junior Warden -Warden Suzanne McNear
Treasurer - Christopher Kelley
Clerk '17 - David Bray
Vestry '17 - Robert Montogomery
Vestry '17 - Robert Chaloner
Vestry '18 - Suzanne McNear
Building & Grounds - Kirby Marcantonio
Movie Night -
Yard Sale - Diane Schimmer
Christmas Fundraiser -
Phantom Ball -
In 1917, Mrs. Aldrich gave a very special gift in memory of her husband, a beautiful Tiffany Studio stained glass window depicting Jesus as a boy conversing with the elders in the temple. The window is illuminated from within the church every night in memory of the Aldrich Family. The Parish Hall was a gathering place for civic activities. Part of our history is hosting a space for USO type military dinners and dancing during and post WWll.
In 1912, James Herman Aldrich donated the present parish hall which, at the time, was the largest meeting place in Sag Harbor. In 1914, Mary Gertrude Edson Aldrich had the Rectory (a small Tudor mansion for the priest) built and furnished in memory of her mother.
In 1882, Mr. and Mrs. James Herman Aldrich (Mary Gertrude Edson) from Manhattan purchased property in North Haven/Sag Harbor and built a summer estate located on the water and named it “Maycroft.” When summering in North Haven, the Aldriches took a great interest in Christ Church, and their generosity included the expansion of the sanctuary in 1893.
In 1845 a group of Episcopalians founded the first Episcopal Church on the South Fork. For almost fifty years they used other buildings, in 1883 they purchased the current property from the Winter’s family. The Winters relocated their house up 114 and the church was built on the old house foundation.